Frequently Asked Questions about Education Programs
We are located in Latta Nature Preserve, and house more than 30 species of raptors. Our on-site education program offers your group an opportunity to see birds of prey up close, while one of our skilled educators teaches your students about these incredible birds.
$10.00 per person (adults and children), with a $400 minimum charge per program.
- Programs can be scheduled between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm
- You are required to have one adult chaperone for every ten students attending the program.
- Groups over 100 may be split into two programs.
- If you have more than 200 students, email our Program Team at [email protected]
On-site programs include three birds on the glove and admission to the Raptor Trail. Programs last approximately 45 minutes, and the trail takes about an hour when visited at a leisurely pace. Field Trips are the best way to experience the Raptor Center.
We bring live birds to help teach your class what makes raptors unique in the avian world and what actions can be taken to make a difference for wildlife and our environment.
Cost includes one formal education program for up to 100 people. One additional program for up to 100 people may be added for additional costs. If your group is more than 200, please email our Program Team to discuss your options at [email protected].
- 1 – 24 miles from Carolina Raptor Center with under 100 participants: $400
- 25 – 50 miles from Carolina Raptor Center with under 100 participants: $500
(For groups larger than 100 you will need to add an additional program for $200.)
Educators and birds can only be scheduled for two programs a day. More than an hour in between programs will incur additional fees.
The types of birds will vary depending on the type of program you choose. However, we usually bring one nocturnal species (owl) and two diurnal species (hawks, falcons). You may request a specific species, but we cannot guarantee that species will come.
All of the Raptor Center’s formal education programs last approximately 45 minutes. However, we can modify this timing to best fit your needs. We can do up to 2 programs a day for your group either at the center or at your location.
Offsite programs can only be scheduled between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
A deposit of 50% of the program fee is required within 2 weeks of booking to hold your spot on our calendar. The balance is due a few days before the program date. For other payment terms, please contact our Program Team at [email protected].
If you cancel your program…
- More than 10 business days prior: your deposit will be returned to you, minus a $25 administrative fee.
- Between 3 and 10 business days prior: you can apply your program deposit to a future program. Deposit can be held for up to one year from the original program date.
- Less than 3 business days prior: you forfeit your deposit. If you fail to show for your program without notifying us, you will be charged the full program fee.