Get your costume on and come out for a hootin’ good time at Owl-O-Ween, a spooktacular event at the Carolina Raptor Center that combines the enchantment of owls with the thrill of Halloween!
Owl-O-Ween is perfect for families looking to add a touch of wildlife wonder to their Halloween festivities, but there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
- Costume Contests – Wear your best costume for the chance to win special prizes. There will be winners for Best Bird Costume, Best Non-Bird Costume, and Best Group Costume! You’ll be able to enter the costume contest through a QR code onsite.
- Trick -or-Treat Trail – Walk the Raptor Trail and fill your buckets with candy provided by Lowes Food and Staples. Please bring your own bag for trick-or-treating!
- Educational Tables – Tap into your wild side with critter tables featuring everything from snakes to insects.
Schedule of Events:
- 10:30am – Presentation by a Raptor Biologist on raptor conservation using a “Robo-Owl.”
- 11:30am – Meet a Raptor: Get to know one of our avian ambassadors in this educational program.
- 1:00pm* & 1:30pm* – Fly-By: Witness a bird in flight in this one-of-a-kind experience.
- 2:30pm – Keeper Chat: Say hello to Bart, our Eurasian Eagle Owl, and learn what makes owls special.
* For the safety of our bird, Fly-Bys have limited capacity. After entry to the Raptor Trail, look for a CRC staff member to receive a stamp that allows entry to one of the Fly-Bys (as available). To give as many people the opportunity to enjoy this experience, we request that you only attend one Fly-By. Other programs may be limited in capacity to protect our birds if deemed necessary by our trainers.
Need help parking? Check out our event parking map.
RSVP on Facebook to receive the latest updates!
All programs and activities at Owl-O-Ween are included with admission.
Saturday, October 28, 2023
10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Included with admission
Carolina Raptor Center
6000 Sample Road, Huntersville, NC 28078