Enter to Release a Raptor
There's nothing quite like watching a bird return to the wild after a successful rehabilitation. Carolina Raptor Center's Raptor Hospital has been busy the last few months caring for a number of baby birds. Now, these birds are getting ready to return to the wild.
You can become a part of one of their success stories! The winner of this sweepstakes will get the chance to release a rehabilitated raptor on July 28th or 29th, at a location of their choosing (dependent on approval from CRC Hospital Staff). See full sweepstakes guidelines.
Fill out the form below to be entered to win the opportunity to take part in this memorable experience. By submitting this form, you are agreeing to be added to our newsletter list.
Entries are closed.
- Entries are limited to ONE per individual. Duplicate entries will NOT be counted.
- Sweepstakes closes on Monday, July 24 at 9:00am.
- A winner will be randomly selected on Monday, July 24, and contacted via email. If the winner does not respond by 12pm on Tuesday, July 25, a new winner will be chosen.
- CRC staff will choose the raptor to be released on the date chosen. Specific species cannot be requested, as the release is dependent on a bird's condition.
- The raptor MUST be released on Friday, July 28 or Saturday, July 29. The winner can choose the time of the release.
- The winner will request a particular location within 30 miles of CRC for the release to be approved by CRC's Medical Coordinator. If you don't have an approved location, you can still meet a CRC team member at our approved location. Ideal locations generally have diverse habitats, access to water, and minimal threats (traffic, predators).
- The winner will need to pick up the bird at the Raptor Hospital and transport it to the release site. The bird will be secured and will be released directly from its transport container. The winner will NOT be handling the bird.